Sunday, January 4, 2009

Turkey Bacon

Have you ever heard of 'Turkey Bacon'? I mean a real Turkey Bacon ... not a slang word !!!

Remark : Bacon is a cut of meat taken from the sides, belly, or back of a pig that has been cured, smoked, or both. Bacon may be eaten fried, baked, or grilled for eaten.
This trip to Singapore reminded me that there could be also other meats to be made for bacon such as beef, lamb, chicken, goat, or turkey. I found this 'Turkey Bacon' during my journey at Breakfast Buffet Room (provided by the hotel) -- I call it a journey since it's a huge buffet room with huge variety of foods (different kinds of). Then, I realized that because Singapore is the place where Islam / Muslim population & traveller are in.
Turkey Bacon -- by the look, it looks like normal bacon but it's not as crispy as pork bacon !!! Not because of the way they fried, but when I looked closely, there's not a kind of fat layers outstanding as pork bacon ...
It's a good substitution for pork avoidance and/or religious restriction persons. More importantly, based on nuitrition facts, Turkey Bacon is a little lower in fat and calories than Pork Bacon. I confirm it's REALLY A LITTLE -- look from the above pictures yourself !!!

No comments: