Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tsim Chai Kee Noodle in Central Hong Kong

It's a kind of my tradition too to have my Hong Kong 1st meal at Central area ... and it have to be Mak's Noodle (see my previous blog at : Mak's Noodle in Central, Hong Kong) ... However, it's was closed for internal renovation for a day !!! only thing I could think was 'why me?' and 'why it have to be today?'










Anyway, I have heard that there's also another noodle shop opposite Mak's Noodle called 'Tsim Chai Kee' ... in fact, every time I come to Mak's I always see the long queue at this shop ... Then I realize why ... since it's was served in big size with reasonable price (cheaper than Mak's).




This shop is famous on their size of fish ball and shrimp wanton ... in fact, there is not so many variety of noodles here but you can select type of noodle (from egg noodle, flat white noodle, and vermicelli) to go with type of topping (King Prawn Wanton, Minced Fish Ball, and Sliced Meat) including number of topping to be (1, 2 or 3 types)

Starting with two topping -- minced fish ball yellow noodle HK$16-- only two pieces of fish balls but the size was so big !!! The texture I had to say it's real fish.

Now, what about two topping on ... Shrimp wanton and Minced fish ball with flat white noodles HK$21 ... amazing the size indeed !!! seem like the noodle bowl was not big enough.

Look carefully at the Minced Fish Ball ... the size and the texture which you can see the fish skin in ... it's totally different from what we had in Thailand since it seemed to be real fish meat (not as white with flour as I used to have).










While the King Prawn Wanton was also full with shrimp in ... the size was also big (as big as fish ball) but inside contained lots of small pieces of shrimp ... I myself still prefer Mak's wanton since Mak's I could get not only shrimp taste but also other taste of ingredient and tender texture.










Another dish that I have seen on every table was 'vegetable with oyster sauce' HK$9 ... so naturally sweet of green vegetable (chinese bok choy) ... was blanched then poured with oyster sauce ... at the bottom of the dish I could see lots of water causing from blanching.












Tsim Chai Kee
98 Wellington Street, Central, Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 2850-6471
Open Daily from 12:00 - 20:00


No comments: